Why does my pool filter not circulate to the spa anymore?

May 27, 2011
My pool filter is no longer circulating water in the spa (spill over). It circulates to the pool and sweeper just fine however. This happened after the Pentair guy came and changed out one of my CVA valve actuators that was not turning. What may be going on here? I would like to be able to trouble shoot this my self. I have a pentair inteliflow pump with an intelitouch pannel.

History:
I had the pentair guy change out the CVA valve actuator because it was not turning and the spa was constantly blowing bubbles. He changed out the valve. It stopped blowing bubbles all day. It appeared to be working just fine. We used it that day and all seemed well. I did not notice it was not circulating until a few weeks later and the watter level in the spa had dropped and the water had started looking murkey.

Re: Why does my pool filter not circulate to the spa anymore

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the spa seems to work ok when I hit spa. Both valves turn as they should. It is just not circulating with the filter when the pool is running. I do not see any spill over. The water in the spa is slightly green. The pool is clear. The spa water is evaporating. The pool is full.

Sounds like it's operating as it should.
If you want it to partially pump water to the spa when in pool mode you can set the limit on the valve so that it doesn't close completely. If you look on the valve there should be a stop that you can adjust to prevent the valve from closing all the way.

Thank you again. That helped. I took a look and opened up the valve that he replaced 100% by flipping the switch on the side and I get the spill over with the filter running like it used to do. Is there a setting I need to do in the Suntouch pannel to open up that valve when the filter is running? I am flipping through the menu and I do not see the settings for individual valves.

How to set up my Suntouch to circulate for Pool and Spa

I have a simple set up: a pool with a spill over spa, Suntouch Pannel, two valve actuators, Inteliflow pump. No solar.

I had the pentair guy change out the CVA valve actuator because it was not turning and the spa was constantly blowing bubbles. He changed out the valve. It stopped blowing bubbles all day. It appeared to be working just fine. We used it that day and all seemed well. However, my pool filter is no longer circulating water in the spa (spill over). It circulates to the pool and sweeper just fine however. I did not notice it was not circulating until a few weeks after the valve change and the watter level in the spa had dropped and the water had started looking murkey.

If I flip the external switch on the CVA valve that was changed I get circulation from the filter to the pool and spa with spill over when in Pool mode. That is what I want. It is not a fix however.

I would like to check to be sure that the Suntouch is in fact set up for pool and spa and not just for the pool (single body?).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Merged threads - please keep all your related questions in one thread. MITS

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.