Pentair Easy Touch Indoor Control Panel, NO COMM

stbasil

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
Wimberley TX
I just bought an additional 4-zone Easy Touch Indoor Control Panel to add to another part of our house. I snapped out the exiting indoor panel, which is working just fine, and snapped the new one in, just to make sure it works OK. But, it lights up and just says "NO COMM", won't communicate with the main controller. Remove, replace with the original unit, and all is OK. The back of the "new" control panel has a software date of 2007, and it's software is 1.050, Boot is 1.010 whereas the working unit is 2.070 and 1.010, respectively.

Is my "new" unit zapped, dead out of the box, hopelessly incompatible, or what? The guy I bought from said it had been sitting in the warehouse for a while, but was still new. I am not so sure. Any Pentair experts have any ideas? Thanks!

Hmm, no response from anyone here, so I posted a question on the Pentair user forum--technician Ben says the unit is bad. Even if the software is out of date, it will offer to upload from the outdoor controller, but if the link is bad, it can't do that. So, I'm returning it to the supplier as defective....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.