Polaris 9300xi dead after first Summer of use :(

Used for a couple of months and now I get flashing lights and no movement. Called Polaris and there is no repair center near me. Regional rep is supposed
to arrange repair. They suspect the motor but can't tell w/o diagnostics. There is no way for consumer to troubleshoot. Very disappointing.

Overall, unit has done an adequate job albeit slow. I love the easy filter cleaning versus my Aquabot. Robots, can't live with them, can't live without them but they are easily killed....

did you play around with the connection. I get flashing lights and re-connect and it works again. There are other threads where the cable has been bad also. Mine flashes about every third time I connect it. I take it off and try again and it usually works the 2nd time.

DigitallyChallenged said:
Used for a couple of months and now I get flashing lights and no movement. Called Polaris and there is no repair center near me. Regional rep is supposed
to arrange repair. They suspect the motor but can't tell w/o diagnostics. There is no way for consumer to troubleshoot. Very disappointing.

Overall, unit has done an adequate job albeit slow. I love the easy filter cleaning versus my Aquabot. Robots, can't live with them, can't live without them but they are easily killed....

yes, this is the problem with robots that I have mentioned over and over again, sometimes you get 2 years out of it, sometimes a couple of months, sometimes you repair and 2 months later its broken again, sometimes you do this 6 times in a row (yes, that did happen to me)

With robotic cleaners it is best especially when they are new just to work with the manufacturer to get it repaired. In certain cases they will repair free of charge out of warranty if you ask them to (if it turns out to be a problem they know about). DIY becomes an option later on for the technical savvy but it will mostly still be needed to buy complete sealed parts form the dealer to keep the product compliant with regulations and safe to use. Because it is an electrical product used in water one should be very careful to not do anything to it that moves the manufacturer liability to the owner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.