Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 9300xi dead after first Summer of use :(

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 9300xi dead after first Summer of use :(

Used for a couple of months and now I get flashing lights and no movement. Called Polaris and there is no repair center near me. Regional rep is supposed
    to arrange repair. They suspect the motor but can't tell w/o diagnostics. There is no way for consumer to troubleshoot. Very disappointing.

Overall, unit has done an adequate job albeit slow. I love the easy filter cleaning versus my Aquabot. Robots, can't live with them, can't live without them but they are easily killed....
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 9300xi dead after first Summer of use :(

did you play around with the connection. I get flashing lights and re-connect and it works again. There are other threads where the cable has been bad also. Mine flashes about every third time I connect it. I take it off and try again and it usually works the 2nd time.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the tip but I've tried that w/o success. Still awaiting rep to contact me. I'm glad I'm not using the pool now.
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by DigitallyChallenged
    Used for a couple of months and now I get flashing lights and no movement. Called Polaris and there is no repair center near me. Regional rep is supposed
    to arrange repair. They suspect the motor but can't tell w/o diagnostics. There is no way for consumer to troubleshoot. Very disappointing.

Overall, unit has done an adequate job albeit slow. I love the easy filter cleaning versus my Aquabot. Robots, can't live with them, can't live without them but they are easily killed....

yes, this is the problem with robots that I have mentioned over and over again, sometimes you get 2 years out of it, sometimes a couple of months, sometimes you repair and 2 months later its broken again, sometimes you do this 6 times in a row (yes, that did happen to me)
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Didn't get a call from the rep. I was planning on calling to check on status when a UPS pre-paid shipping label arrived today.
    Now I need to send it back to the factory for repair.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

With robotic cleaners it is best especially when they are new just to work with the manufacturer to get it repaired. In certain cases they will repair free of charge out of warranty if you ask them to (if it turns out to be a problem they know about). DIY becomes an option later on for the technical savvy but it will mostly still be needed to buy complete sealed parts form the dealer to keep the product compliant with regulations and safe to use. Because it is an electrical product used in water one should be very careful to not do anything to it that moves the manufacturer liability to the owner.