AQUA GENIE leak x3

h2o ski

In The Industry
Oct 2, 2011
I've had it with the Aqua Genie skimmer and return Combo! :grrrr:

I'm a pool profesional here in AR. I have 3 completly diffrent makes of IG pools with leaks that subside just below the Aqua Genie Jet/Return. I heard rumor that this could be fixed with a type of waterweld/ putty or a 2 part epoxy? If any one has experince with fixing this what I hear is a pretty common problem please let me know how you did it.

I've heard remove the face plate and look inside the return and coat with glue?

Thanks for the help!

I hate them too. Darn PIA to winterize.

The leak is likely the hose that leads from the return to the chlorination chamber that holds the tabs. Check the flow coming up with the tablet container removed. It should spout about an inch to an inch and a half above the water level. If it isn't, push the line in a bit and see if that makes a difference.

Scott

X-PertPool said:
If it stops below the return maybe the gasket needs to be replaced. If you can see a visible crack in the plastic plast-aid works well.
The gasket you are referring to is behind the return face plate? Also visible cracks look down into the return?

Thanks

I removed the screws inspected the gasket....perfectly fine. Keep in mind the water level has stopped directly at the bottom of the aqua genie return. So I looked inside the genie and nothing, no visible cracks no sign of leakage at all. So I filled the pool up and got out my leak die..... Again nothing perfectly still. No sign of a leak.. Again the pool leaked down to the bottom of the genie and stopped. Please help!!

Bama Rambler said:
Is there anything else at the same level that the water stopped?
What happens if you plug the return? Does the level still drop to that level?
I had to order a plug for the face plate of the aqua genie. I'll try that when it arrives. Also there is a Polaris return at the same level??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.