Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ok to close pool with a few spots of green ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lehigh Valley, PA

ok to close pool with a few spots of green ?

I had an algae outbreak of which most of it I cleaned(from the bottom of pool with vacuum brush). I shocked the pool and its been at around FC of 12 with no CC's. Can I close the pool like this ? Or do I have to get every speck of green out---its hard to see once you start vaccumming. The pool looks relatively clear. I did not bother checking other levels besides PH. No one is swimming at this point.
    21' All Steel AGP with Resin caps, Heyward S244T Sand Filter, Heyward 1HP 2 speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: ok to close pool with a few spots of green ?

This is one of those............"you can pay me now, or you can pay me later deals." Based on what you've said, you KNOW you have it. Will it grow much over the winter....probably not. But it will be much easier to cure it now while you have it on the run rather than next spring. The OCLT test is your friend.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: ok to close pool with a few spots of green ?

As woodyp says, you can go either way. I'd just go ahead and close, assuming you are done swimming for the season anyway. But that is just me.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School