my water isnt green but the bottom of the pool is.

how often should this happen??

• Total voters
Aug 30, 2011
CALIFORNIA
:wave: hey everyone......ok so heres the deal.......this is my "baby" :thequeen: .....but technically im a housewife and my guy brings the bacon$ and he paid for the pool :blah: and he never buys stuff for this pool! im always scrimping and saving or begging him to buy stuff. im trying really hard to switch from traditional to the bbb method but its hard when i have no say because im not paying for it. (hes stubborn) :hammer:

the bottom of 65% of the pool is green and the water has a slight tint but its not as bad as last time when it was swamp water and has mosquito larvaes in it and we drained it :rant: ........this time its easier to fix and im willing to put in the time and effort. because the only reason it looks like this....is because i forgot to turn the pump back on and none of us notcied for almost a week. :roll: ooops lol.

so i need your help....how can i fix my pool fast and cheap using the bbb method and only going to my local grocery store?

i am going to go read the bbb forum again to find any more info i can use but my whole goal is to buy the supplies and treat the pool :whip: ........then....im gonna reveal to him how much i paid and how well it worked! :party:

good plan right? :whoot:

Attachments

• 1317514575476.jpg
    1317514575476.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 192
Running a pool is like maintaining a car. It's always cheaper to keep it up properly all along than it is to let problems fester into a garage bill. Use that argument! A timer for your pump is a cheap investment.

As far as convincing your husband of the merits of the BBB method, ask that he read a few of the the "green to clean" threads on this site. Present him with a list of the costs to maintain the pool with traditional pool chemicals vs grocery store alternatives. If that does not convince him it is worth a try, then you may be fighting a lost cause. Many folks will not consider that anything other than pool store chemicals are safe and effective for use in a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.