TFP is getting busy (AKA Win a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500)

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
[EDIT by SeanB - the entry deadline has passed. Please do NOT submit any more guesses - Thanks.]

For those of us that log on regularly, I'm sure ya'll have noticed a distinct uptick in the traffic on the forum. I really think this place is gonna' be amazingly busy this summer. I assumed that it would probably be April before folks began to get back into the swing of things but I'm pretty convinced it's gonna' an accelerated, uphill path from here.

I'm sure everyone is ready for it. It's really fascinating to look at when this place started (end of March, last year) and where it is now (2583 members)

Anyone want to guess how many members we'll have on Sept 1, 2008? SeanB, how about a contest with a Lexus LX470 to the winner?

Mnormington,

My cousin had a Toyota pickup that he finally retired somewhere around 300,000. It still ran but the floorboard had rusted thru and it was very breezy in the winter! We used it as a hunting truck for a couple of years but we finally decided the seat was gonna' go thru the floor and, man, it was gettin' cold with that breeze going up your legs in November/December.

Yours' is a generous offer........."We don't need no stinkin' Lexus" !!

TFP held its own very nicely over the winter. Good job, Sean, for making this a welcoming place to hang out even when we can't find our pools for all the snow and ice. And it's coming down heavy again here in the North East.

How about a 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500?

Let's make it official. Post your guess in this thread as to how many members you think TFP will have as of September 1st, 2008. The person who comes closest will win a 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

Go here to see pictures of the prize:
http://www.idcow.com/sby2003.html

BTW, I am serious.

Here are the rules:
1. You must make your guess by 12pm CST on March 30th.
2. No trying to manipulate the registration by making false usernames. It would be easy to catch and would eleminate you from the contest, plus we'd all call you something like "Peter, Peter, pumkin eater," even if you name isn't Peter!
3. Everyone is eligible, but if you live outside the continental US, you will be responsible for shipping.

Good Luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Always central time since that is where I am. ;)

If you want to revise your number before the cutt-off, you can do it by editing your original post. If you change your guess and put it in a new post, it will not be counted.

On March 30, 2008 at 12pm CST, this thread will be locked and no additional posts, or editing will be allowed.

Personally, I think it's more fun to just make a single guess and see just how good a prognosticator you really are.

Obvisously I won't be in competition but, for the record, my guess is 4,662 total members on September 1st.

I noticed the increase of posts as well. I was logging on every other day and noticing only 5-8 posts since last visit. I stopped logging on for two weeks and now since last night I have 67 posts since last visit.

My guess 5328

toyota sucks, and im not going to mess up the thred with my stories about why.

BUT my son had his hopes up and now that he realised it was a model he is heart broken :lol:

im putting a guess at 6000.

ktdave said:
Sean,
Just one thought, are we using "Price is Right" rules: i.e., closest without going over, or just "closest"?

That's a good point. We'll just go with closest period. UNLESS, there are two (one above and one below) that are equally close. In that case, the one that is closest without going over will be the winner. I'm sure I can come up with a consolation prize if there is an actual tie. 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.