Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aluminum Coping

1. Back To Top    #1

Aluminum Coping

Has anyone seen pools with the Gray bullnose coping? maybe links to pics? I'm putting in a grey satmped concrete deck and thought having gray coping would look better than white. Trying to save a liitle money over cantelever. If i went with cantelever does anyone know if it's typically pool guy that sets up forms etc. or my concrete guy? I know pool guy would have to at least put in a track for liner.

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Aluminum Coping

The forms get set by the mason.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Fort Wayne, IN

Re: Aluminum Coping they have grey bullnose coping we bought ours from them we have grey hope this helps
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

4. Back To Top    #4

Central Massachusetts

The only time you would use forms for cantilever coping would be if you go with concrete. The concrete guy would do that. The only reason to use a mason is if you used stone or brick for the coping, then you wouldnt use a form.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

I just had a pool put in this summer with the gray coping. Turned out really nice. I was absolutley sold on cantilever until I saw this in another pool.