Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Fairfax Station, VA

pool spa

I want to install a SWG when I open my pool next spring. I was planning on getting either Compupool or Circupool. I have a spa with a spillover. If I turn the spa on will the chlorine build up since the water is than just isolated to the smaller volume of the spa? Would I have to turn off the generator also each time?
    35K gallon plaster IGP, free form, spa with spill-over; Sta-Rite 2HP pump; KDI American 48sq.ft., 144GPM DE filter; Pentair MiniMax heater; pressure side The PoolCleaner; Circupool RJ45

2. Back To Top    #2
    Guam, USA

Re: pool spa

It depends on how your plumbing is set up. Can you post a pic of the equipment area?
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: pool spa

It is almost always easy enough to setup your plumbing so that isn't an issue. If you have an automation system, it will take care of this for you. If you don't have an automation system, you should plumb the SWG cell in the line that returns to the pool, after the water going to the spa has split off. That way the FC level in the spa can never get too high.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School