Pentair EasyTouch 8 and Intelliflow VS-3050 problems

Sep 28, 2011
I have a PB that installed an EasyTouch 8 controller and an Intelliflow VS-3050 pump. I have it programmed to run once a day at a low speed and another time at a higher speed to make chlorine and run the cleaner.

My question: It does not function in “Service” mode. When in service mode you can not control the pump or anything, completely stops the system. No buttons on the EasyTouch work.

And….the “Countdown” mode or timer mode doesn’t work either. Same as above.

So, if I want to add chemicals and run the system for, lets say three hours, I can’t unless I turn on and off the pump manually. My problem is, what if I have to leave before the three hours are up and I won’t be home to shut off the pump!

Seems to me the EasyTouch should run in a Service and Countdown mode. My PB says it doesn’t work that way because the pump has a wire connected from its controller to the main controller or some BS like that.

Is this true or is he full of it? Why would Pentair build a system that won’t work with their better pumps? It just doesn’t make sence…….

My advise would be to not use the "Service Mode or Countdown". Instead setup an EGGTIMER.Under the schedule screen you can set up an "eggtimer" on the circuit you want to control. When you have this setup, you can hit the button for your pool pump and it will run it in eggtimer mode for how ever long you set it to and then shut off. This is something I learned just messing with the controller, Pentair doesn't mention this step in the manual. Hope this helps?

Welcome to TFP!

You can do exactly what you want from the Easy Touch panel. You should not be trying to do it from the pump control panel. The Easy Touch panel can do everything you asked for if you spend a little while figuring out how it works. Unfortunately, the manual is not all that well written, but what it actually does works out fairly well once you understand it.

My PB says these features don't work, Service & Countdown, with the Intelliflow pumps. This doesn't seem right! He said he doesn't get it either, but he would have the Pentair rep tell me if I didn't believe him. I'm asking because it took two different guys to install the EasyTouch and both appeared less than qualified. Weather I use the egg timer or build a program that only runs once every time I choose it, i can get the job done. But what the heck? Features that don't work with the intelliflow?

It works, it just doesn't work the way you expect it to work. Remember that the pump is most likely setup to be logically connected to several different circuits. The pump will be on if any of them are on.

Service mode severs all communication to the comm port. If you have wired or wireless remotes, you'll notice that they also loose communication. Service mode is just that, it's meant for when a pool guy is standing there manually operating things.

foothill said:
I have a PB that installed an EasyTouch 8 controller and an Intelliflow VS-3050 pump. I have it programmed to run once a day at a low speed and another time at a higher speed to make chlorine and run the cleaner.

My question: It does not function in “Service” mode. When in service mode you can not control the pump or anything, completely stops the system. No buttons on the EasyTouch work.

And….the “Countdown” mode or timer mode doesn’t work either. Same as above.

So, if I want to add chemicals and run the system for, lets say three hours, I can’t unless I turn on and off the pump manually. My problem is, what if I have to leave before the three hours are up and I won’t be home to shut off the pump!

Seems to me the EasyTouch should run in a Service and Countdown mode. My PB says it doesn’t work that way because the pump has a wire connected from its controller to the main controller or some BS like that.

Is this true or is he full of it? Why would Pentair build a system that won’t work with their better pumps? It just doesn’t make sence…….

Did you ever get this resolved?

No, my PB said he would send out a Pentair Rep (supervisor) and explain to me that the pump/control panel are not i00% compatible. I keep asking, he keeps ignoring. I had filed a complaint with the State Contractors Board but they were no help. He repaired 4 of my 5 concerns. I think my next step is either Arbitration (per contract) or Small Claims court. I need some documentation that proves the EasyTouch 8 and the Intellaflow VS-3050 will work together and all features are accessible that are available with the EasyTouch.

Any Help????

When in service or timeout mode the control circuit to the pump is cut so the pump will be used manually.
In service mode if you want to run the pump, push one of the preset speeds, or set up one like you want it, and hit start.
In timeout mode you can manually start the pump, and in three hours the easytouch will take back over and continue what ever is programmed to happen.

Remember these are set up for a trained pool service person to use.
You can always set up a circuit or feature circuit with a countdown timer if you dont want to touch the pump.

PB, if a circuit was set up to start the pump, would I be able to operate the assigned circuit from the interior wall unit?

Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.