Two Quotes need to decide

Sep 14, 2011
Ma
Renovatiing 20X40

Quote 1 $22700

Liner, coping, 2 skimmers 4 returns, main drain, removal of 1200 sq ft concrete, pour new brushed finish, deck drainage. options( stamped 1200 extra cantelever 1500)

Quote 2 22000

Liner coping 2 skimmers 4 returns(no main drain) removal of concretes pour new, drainage, vermiculite sand bottom and 4 trucks of water. options (1-2 dollars per sq for stamped)

So similar priced but second quote includes water and vermiculite although no main drain. Whats more important upgrading the sand bottom or a main drain? Have rled out wedding cake steps under liner due to concerns of wrinkles leaks etc. Thanks for any info you can provide. Anyone have cantelever or stamped in cold climates? does it hold up well?

So are they giving you a regular pool bottom? Like a hard pack mix of sand, cement, and vermiculite? If so I would choose the bottom upgrade over the main drain.

Never was a big fan of main drains, they don't really help much in collecting debris. Either way you are getting two skimmers.

Winterizing a main drain isn't fun you have to worry about air leaks (although there is some debate whether a main drain could freeze since parts of it are so low in the ground)

Just my opinion but I wouldn't take a main drain even if it was free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.