Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead Laminar lights.

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead Laminar lights.

Our new pool looked awesome with it's four laminar magicstream fountains lit up at night. Now, 2 month later, 3 of our 4 laminars have no lights, only fountain operating. The one laminar that is still lit up seems to be very dim from decking up to arch of the fountain.

These were a gift from my brother and I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Photo showing when fountains were fully operational.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._6997317_n.jpg
    In-ground vinyl, 49 x 32' -19' -24' "dog bone" shape. 3.5' to 9' depth with 3' deep shallow cove.
    IC 60 salt generator, Intelliflo VS pump, Easy Touch panel, Laminar jets. Prowler Robotic, Stamped concrete.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dead Laminar lights.

Did this happen all at once?

Has the power to each been verified?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Had them on the week after Labor day they were fine. Turned them on this week 3 duds. When I looked into "slot" there is no light emitted.
    I will get hold of a Pentair rep I suppose. Want to fix it before we close the pool.
    In-ground vinyl, 49 x 32' -19' -24' "dog bone" shape. 3.5' to 9' depth with 3' deep shallow cove.
    IC 60 salt generator, Intelliflo VS pump, Easy Touch panel, Laminar jets. Prowler Robotic, Stamped concrete.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

like scott said, power to the laminar(s) should be verified first. Once that is verified, a call to Pentair's tech line is warranted.