New Pool Cover Coming - Closing Question

3mar67

Jun 11, 2011
GTA Ontario, Canada
Hi, I'm still new at pool ownership, so this might be a dumb question. I have a new mesh safety cover coming in 2 to 3 weeks. I also need to make an appointment to close my inground pool here in Toronto, Ontario. If I can't get the pool closing guys to show up on the same day the cover comes....could i close the pool and leave it uncovered for a couple of days? Or should I install the cover, then remove it for the pool closing guys, and then reinstall it? Thanks.

If you're installing the cover, you should install it before the closers arrive and then remove and reinstall it when they get there to close the pool. The cover is easy to put on and remove as long as everything is installed correctly.

The installation will take you a while if you haven't done it before, and you don't want to have to rush.

Is this a new cover or a replacement cover? I am asking because there are anchor pins that need to be installed and I am glad I didn't have to do mine....it would have never been right. If you let the pool guy close the pool w/o covering the pool, the sunlight will burn off some of your chlorine while the pool is uncovered. I would lose 2-3ppm every day. With my pool guy, when he closed my pool he put the cover on as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.