Upgrades -best bang for the buck?

Sep 14, 2011
Ma
Looking for opinion on upgrades for my pool renovation what would be best improvement. We can afford one. They are similarly priced. Thanks for opinions..

Wedding cake stairs under liner( we have ladders)

Stamped concrete as opposed to broom finish

Cantelever edge

I'm not a fan of vinyl wedding cake steps, the liner never seems to fit snugly and there are often small gaps or wrinkles.

Stamped concrete looks nice, Although it seems to be more prone to chipping if you are installing a safety cover. Also remember you can't use a snow blower on stamped concrete (not sure how your setup is)

Cantilever looks pretty cool, also it has the advantage of wearing better if using a safety cover. Basically what I mean is when you are using a safety cover the straps often wear the powder coat of the coping the first year. Not many people seem to care, they do sell padding but I have yet to see anyone use it. The Cantilever edge shouldn't change much in appearance even if it does get worn by the strap a bit.

Doing the cantilever edge in a stamped concrete then the remainder decking brushed looks nice.

Stamped concrete can be hot on your feet, and slippery when wet even with shark bite added to the sealer. IMHO
Water feature -fountains, laminar jets add a WOW factor to be enjoyed even from a distance when not in the pool.
Wedding Cake Steps seem dated and unpractical and slippery again just my opinion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.