Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Balance Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Another Balance Question

I just received my TF-100 and got the results of my first test. New pool owner and have a SWG that was completed in June of this year. I'm located in the Dallas Texas area.
    FC - 9.0
    CC - 0
    PH - 7.8 (I add about a gallon of muratic every 10 days since pool was built, have never seen it below 7.4 yet).
    T/A - 140
    CH - I messed this test up but I believe it to be on the high side (according to my strip test). I need to redo.
    CYA - 60

My main concern is my high chlorine. I believe it's been this high for a while. I have all new Jandy equipment and run my Aquapure at around 60%. My variable pump runs at middle RPM range (1750 rpm) around 13 hours per day. 2 hours it runs higher for cleaner.

Does my process sound reasonable and should I be concerned about high chlorine? Now that it's cooler I was going to reduce my pump to around 10-11 hours per day. My water looks very clear and clean from day one.

Appx 37000 Gallons
    IG Pool
    vinyl Liner
    2 HP Hayward Super Pump with 25" Sand Filter Filled with Zeo Bright
    4 Pentair Deck Jets
    2 Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 Lights
    Diving Board
    Turbo Twister Slide
    Hayward Aqua Plus Automation with 2 Actuators

100% DIY Build not 1 penny paid yet to build this thing!!!! = Lots of work and Long Nights

2. Back To Top    #2

St. Paul, MN

Re: Another Balance Question

No need to worry about your FC level. For a CYA of 60, the shock level is 24. As long as your below 24 you're in good shape (safe to swim). You can adjust the percentage on your SWCG down to maintain a FC closer to 4ppm. According the the chlorine/CYA chart in pool school, you want to keep your FC above 3ppm for a SWCG pool with a CYA of 60.
    20'x40' Oval 27,000 gallon Vinyl IG, Coverstar Auto Cover
    1HP Sta-Rite Pump, 30 sq. ft. Sta-Rite DE filter
    Rheem 266,000 btu natural gas heater
    Polaris 280 w/ 3/4HP Booster Pump
    TF-100 testkit w/ Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Another Balance Question

Yeah, the only adjustment I see is to reduce your percentage of the swg to somewhere around 30-50% so your FC will even out around 3-5ppm or so. Everything else looks good.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School