Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello everyone,

We finally decided to put a pool in the back yard but have not yet decided on whether or not to get a heater. The PB (i learned that from you guys) quoted 6k to install a heat pump. The pool is 16x32 rectangle in North Alabama. Does that cost seem about right? I see the heaters online for 2-3k to buy and have to assume that the rest is installation? The only thing completed so far is a hole in the ground. I will try to post in the construction area later.

Thanks!

$6,000.00 is high. Ask the builder how much for the heat pump (including the make and model) and how much for the installation.

What will the installation include? Does it include electrical hookup? There will probably need to be a dedicated line run for the pool system to a sub panel if you're going to have a pump, heat pump, salt chlorinator etc.

@ James - He did say that the cost included everything. I will get model cost and installation cost.

@ps03 - We have not completely decided on getting the heater and pb said we still have a week or so to decide. One of the reasons that we are going back and forth is that we are just not sure how much we would use it. We could probably use it in late May and September time frames but just not sure that we would.

We have a heat pump in Ohio and we got ours for a total of 3,200 installed. the guys kind of ripping you off, our pool is a 16 x 32 and we have an aqua pro 800. It does amazing. We are very glad we got the heat pump and I do think its a great to have. I would get more info on the heat pump install, because even just to have someone run the electric it shouldnt be more then 500-600 bucks as thats what we were quoted to price it out.

Central PA here... We are getting a Summit 8TA (140k BTU) installed for $3500. Now our electric install is $800 total, but that is for running all needed to the Hayward 100 amp panel/automation to feed the entire pad 80 from house, so not counting that in the price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.