How to direct returns without threads

tigerucla

LifeTime Supporter
Hi All

I've got 3 returns on our inground pool which I believe are 1" diameter. They all point slightly sideways and pretty much horizontal. I'd like to point at least one of them slightly down to better circulate the deep end water. I know that it doesn't circulate that well down there because the bottom part of the deep end is lighter in color than the rest of the pool, I'm guessing a result from when I converted my swamp this spring with lots of liquid chlorine.

The problem is that there are no eyeballs and no threads. Are there any options for me, or should I just deal with what I have? The pool seems to stay pretty clean running the pump on low for 7 hours and on high 1 hour to run the sweep every day. I'm thinking with better circulation, I can run the pump fewer hours.

Also, there is some gunite slop in the pipes right where they enter the pool- any suggestions on the safest way to remove the excess without hurting the PVC pipes?

Thanks!

How about plumbing a T in the drain line at the equipment pad, a 3 way valve on the return line and plumbing a jumper to the drain. Then you could use the drain to return water to the deep end. Works especially well with pool heater too.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.