Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a better gasket

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a better gasket

I have 3 Badujet jets on my pool and it comes with a winter kit but the gaskets are not pliable enough and are not sealing the pipes. The company suggests using some silicone on the gasket.

Their gasket is a hard rubber with more holes than is needed because the gasket is really made for the pool seal. I need a gasket that is a better or more pliable rubber that does not take so much pressure to seal.

The jet uses 8 screws to crush this gasket but the winter cover only uses 4 and I don't want to break the plastic by overtightening the cover. The cover is about 8 inch in diameter.

Where can I get good rubber gasket material with a .25" thickness?
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a better gasket

Most areas have a local rubber supply house that carries most types and sizes of rubber. Just search on rubber supplies and your city, or look in the phone book.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orlando, FL

Re: Need a better gasket

look in the phone book.
    What in the world is a phone book?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]