Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a better gasket

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a better gasket

I have 3 Badujet jets on my pool and it comes with a winter kit but the gaskets are not pliable enough and are not sealing the pipes. The company suggests using some silicone on the gasket.

Their gasket is a hard rubber with more holes than is needed because the gasket is really made for the pool seal. I need a gasket that is a better or more pliable rubber that does not take so much pressure to seal.

The jet uses 8 screws to crush this gasket but the winter cover only uses 4 and I don't want to break the plastic by overtightening the cover. The cover is about 8 inch in diameter.

Where can I get good rubber gasket material with a .25" thickness?
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a better gasket

Most areas have a local rubber supply house that carries most types and sizes of rubber. Just search on rubber supplies and your city, or look in the phone book.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need a better gasket

look in the phone book.
    What in the world is a phone book?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]