Help with balancing

Jun 12, 2011
CL: .5-1
PH: 8.2
TA: 10000
CH: 2500
CYA: 55

20000 gallon plaster
Trying to close my pool tomorrow. I haven't backwashed for a few weeks. Should I backwash and add some DE before close. See my ph is to high what should I use.

How did you get those test results? TA can't possibly be 10,000, and CH at 2,500 seems rather unlikely. That makes me suspect the other results as well.

If your PH is really 8.2, you need to bring it down to around 7.2 before closing.

You should backwash the filter right before closing and then turn off the pump without adding any more DE. After closing you should open up the filter and do a through cleaning.

Acid does lower the TA, but not usually by all that much. The recommended TA levels are either 60-80 (SWG) or 70-90 (otherwise), so lowering TA is probably a good idea. In any case keeping the PH right is a much higher priority than keeping TA right. Get the PH to where it should be and then adjust TA if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.