Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bottom of pol has green way to clean ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lehigh Valley, PA

Bottom of pol has green way to clean ?

OK so I was away for a week and my pool did not get any chlorine. Now on the bottom of the pool is a green funk along with a bunch of leaves and the pool is murky. I fault . Anyway---I vacuumed out a ton of leaves and brushed the bottom of the pool with the vacuum head...this is really hard to do though. I got a lot of it but still have a ton of green spots: I there a better way to get this up ? I added some shock to bring up the CYA (which is probably around 15). I intend to add chlorine as well to get to shock level and see what that does. Any suggestions ? PH is around 7.2
    21' All Steel AGP with Resin caps, Heyward S244T Sand Filter, Heyward 1HP 2 speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Bottom of pol has green way to clean ?

That article is your friend along with the cya/chlorine chart in pool school. It sounds like you need an adjustable pole with a brush head on it, and you can also get a deep leaf scooper head for it as well.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Bottom of pol has green way to clean ?

There really ain't no easy way. It's chlorine and brush and elbow grease.

If your CYA is really that low, you shoulda gotten a floater and some trichlor pucks. Hindsight is always 20/20.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!