Flooded Pool Repair

X-PertPool

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
Exeter, PA
Just curious if anyone has an opinion on this.

Three of our customers pools were flooded this year recently. The river near the pools came over it's banks and flooded the homes up the first floor. Leaving behind smelly mud on the roads and the pools are brown opaque and smelly too. You can see what appears to be fuel on the surface of the water. Anyways, The pump and heater (both completely submerged) don't work at the moment (I still have to check the electricity). I'm not sure what is actually in the pool, muddy water? inches of mud? fish? debris? Anyways. Do you think I would be better off trying to power clean (using a portable super pump) or draining it completely with a gas pump (10,000 gal/ hour) with a liner vacuum behind the liner to hold it in place.

Also I'd like to hear opinions about the pump and digital rheem heater.

Should I hose them down and dry them out to see if the work? Any tips?

Never really dealt with such extreme flooding before.

Each will be different. Get us some pix bro.

Don't be surprised if the liners floated and tore.

Motors and timers will need to be swapped in all likelihood. Silt will have gotten in,

Heaters will need a thorough hosing. LCD panels will likely need swapping out. Other electronic boards will need rinsing in distilled water

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.