^#%@!&$^$!!!

Sprocket

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
Central Florida
Came home from work today to find the outlet hose from my booster pump had blown off! Lost about 12" of water from the pool. I just made it to the pool store before they closed to pick up a new connector. The clamps on the inside of the connector broke allowing the hose to blow off. You can see the line of where the water came to on our porch.

Attachments

• IMG-20110923-00055.jpg
    IMG-20110923-00055.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG-20110923-00057.jpg
    IMG-20110923-00057.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 123
Melt In The Sun said:
Ouch! Sorry to see that. At least you didn't lose prime and run the pumps dry all day!

I wonder how high in the air it was going :scratch:
My wife shut it down before I got home. She said it wasn't that high. The water level dropped below the skimmer and the valve was set for the skimmer and main drain. I'm sure some air was getting sucked into the system. It's pouring here so it will be tomorrow morning before I fix it. I hope the pump is OK.

Yeah, I did not install the pump and evidently there was no red clip that I can find. Since I've never worked with this stuff, I never would have noticed it missing. As a matter of fact, when I picked up the new fitting this evening I had never seen a connector like it. Pretty cool. That pump has been there a long time.

Thanks Richard! I think! The title seemed to hit the nail on the head.

I put it back together this morning and it is running fine. I did notice the pesky leak at the outlet on my Whisperflow is back. It's not bad, but I'm going to try using an O-ring as I read on one of Duraleigh's threads. There is a little damage to the threads on the pump which is probably causing the ooze. I installed a union on that side of the pump so it won't be bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.