Is it normal

Sep 20, 2011
Partial drain my pool due to high CYA# 80
Had what looked like MA on the bottom of my pool so I schoked with clorox bleach 6% to 40ppm
Been vacumming to waste and the brown stuff still appears :cry:
checked my PH level and now its at 8
At what point can I add the Muric to bring down my PH
I will no longer use the pucks and wonder should I be adding bleach daily or let the FC level come down before doing so.
I hope when I get home today the brown stuff on the bottom of the pool is gone, got a bad feeling though.....its been kicking my but. Its been suggested to FLOCK but dont want to do this if not needed. Oh well keep battleing the brown stuff ( the brown stuff is not slimy, really fine and can brush easily by hand when waved close to it) any suggestions would be greatly appeciated. You guys rock on here, so much better than the pool store crews!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are done shocking you can let it come down on its own and will just need to check the FC daily. Once it gets low then you can start to add bleach at that time. Once FC is under 10 you can check pH level. pH test with FC over 10 will yield incorrect results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.