Spa Covers

Bought our house in April and enjoyed the pool all summer :) The pool and spa are separate, the spa is a Sunvalley/Dynasty "Teton" cleaned and used the spa a few times right after we moved in but as the weather warmed up we really didn't use it any over the summer. I keep it in a sleep mode all summer. Kept check on my chemicals and filter.

The cover was not in the best of shape and progressively deteriorated over the summer. I knew when we bought the house that I would have to replace it soon. Well that time has come. What I was hoping is to get some input on what companies people had to use to get replacement covers from. Whether online or a local company? And what to look for in a replacement. I live in an NW Atlanta suburb, we do get some cold weather, snow/ice from time to time. No young kids or pets to possibly walk across it. Any links or referrals would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, I looked at them last night, yes they are way overkill for my needs. Thanks for the recommendation on the spray treatment. Found one online company that offers that. Don't have my notes in front of me to see who it was but they were one of the most reasonable.

Johnny

You might call around to some of the reputable pool companies in your area ( some of them carry spa and spa supplies as well). I had to replace mine earlier this year. Did my research online and then called around. The local pool builder I went with gave me the price I found online ( they had quoted a little higher, I asked if they could match the price I found), it was made right here in the area (supporting local business always a big thing for me when I can do it),they delivered it AND took away the old one for me. It has made a huge difference for us..no more water logged super heavy cover. YAY. Good luck!
B

bubbles said:
You might call around to some of the reputable pool companies in your area ( some of them carry spa and spa supplies as well). I had to replace mine earlier this year. Did my research online and then called around. The local pool builder I went with gave me the price I found online ( they had quoted a little higher, I asked if they could match the price I found), it was made right here in the area (supporting local business always a big thing for me when I can do it),they delivered it AND took away the old one for me. It has made a huge difference for us..no more water logged super heavy cover. YAY. Good luck!
B

good point, my dealer doesn't typically charge me shipping so you could possibly end up with a lower price buying locally since spa covers aren't the cheapest to ship.

Bubbles, thanks for the tips, I might check with the company that replaced the liner for us, after finding this forum and what I have learned. They are not very high on my choices but they originally built the pool and serviced it over the years. There are several around the area that I will check with.

Johnny

Update on my cover, I went with www.spadepot.com , they were the only company online that I found that offered the 303 Spray treatment. I went with their "premium" model and the total price was $357. Free shipping was included and it was a total of 9 days from order placed to receiving it. They were great in keeping me updated on its status and double checked with me on my measurements when the found my spa was not in their database.

I did check with several local pool and spa stores, none of them would match the price. I would have loved to support local business but none of them would work with me on the price.

Thanks to all who responded and gave suggestions and what to look for.

Johnny

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.