Just tested my water

FC 7.5
    CC 0
    TC 7.5
    ALK 130
    CH 120
    PH 7.8
    CYA 70

Stared using just bleach and no more pucks, will do partial drain and refill. Scrub floor and walls vacuum and put all toys/brushes in the pool for shock treatment to close. I believe the partial drain will lower my CYA. Any other suggestions?

Thinking of leaving pool open all year since deep freeze is not the norm in South Carolina. Thinking of running pump daily from 9 pm to 9 am only. I also plan to run the bot on the bottom when needed for leaves and just keep water moving. Any other advice, will treat water for closing. Thannks
    142OO Gallon
    Cartridge Filter
    AG
    1 1/2 HP Pump
    Charleston SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My numbers and advice

your numbers look good. If it were me, if you are not having a problem with fc or algae i'd leave the CYA where it is untill you reopen. There is a possibility that you will loose some to dilution during the winter. IMHO
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

+1 what Rob N said.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

You might be able to cut down on the pump time and save yourself a few $$$. I am a little further north but I am only running my pump about 6-7hrs a day right now. On days when my FC stays high because of cloudy weather I may not turn it on at all....but that is rare!
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all for the great advice!
    142OO Gallon
    Cartridge Filter
    AG
    1 1/2 HP Pump
    Charleston SC