HELP!!! Potential leak in main drain?!?

Today they acid washed our pool. I went out there when they were finished and they were mixing some "pool putty" and placing it along with a piece of sponge down in a PVC pipe in the drain. I asked what the putty was for and they told me the pool has two pipes in each drain and the PebbleSheen guy accidently chipped away the plaster from the wrong pipe so he was putting pool putty in it to make sure it didn't leak. They then started filling up the pool and left. WTH??? If it is supposed to be full of plaster, how is putty going to work? I know he went several inches down the pipe because I could see it before he filled the top with putty but the other guy said he didn't go all the way through the plaster. My PB is out of town - so I left a message at the office but I don't know if his assistant will get it or know what to do. I don't want to fill my pool and then have a leak, have to drain, repair the pipe and then refill ($$$) or a few years from now have a leak because the "pool putty" has broken down. What should I do and is this a concern?!?

I asked why there were two pipes in the drain to begin with and he said they always do that to allow for water to come in the pool but since it was built I don't need it anymore. Is that my hydrostatic drain? Don't I need that? The other drain has a pipe filled in with plaster and an open pipe.

Here is a picture of the drain...
drain.jpg

You can't see much but the white area is the putty and the black area is the one pipe that is open.

So the PB's assistant came out here and when I was explaining they filled the pipe with putty he said they cap it and I said no, they filled it with a sponge and then putty. I had him get in the pool and take the drain cover off (wish I had taken a picture) and he didn't know why it was filled with putty but he said don't worry they have a diver if anything needs to be fixed. Easier said than done lol. I think that is my hydrostatic drain and it should have a valve on it but now is filled with plaster, a sponge and putty.

Here is a picture of the plumbing before gunite. You can tell the drain on the left has 2 PVC pipes and the drain on the right has 1 pipe. What is the purpose of that shorter PVC pipe on the left? That is the one that is filled.

drains.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.