Solar heater with GL 235 and GVA 24

Sep 20, 2011
Hello all

Recently i brought a house and that house has a pool, I have solar heater, looks like sensor is not working.

Right now in GL 235 i have selected manual off and water is flowing from pump to roof mounted solar heater and in pool.

i don’t want to flow water towards solar heater till will change the sensor and make it function so how can i bypass solar heater and water can flow from pump to pool and vice versa.

I tried to read GA 24 manual but did not get more idea... i will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

A picture of your valving will help a lot, but the solar should have either two 2-way valves or a 3-way valve that diverts the water through the heater. If it's two 2-ways you close the one going to the panels and open the bypass valve. If it has a 3-way valve you position the valve so that the flow to the panels is blocked and the bypass is open.

There should be a switch on the valve to reverse operation in case the actuator isn't operating it correctly. Switching it will turn the valve the opposite direction that it is now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.