Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In the swim doesn't have a pool cover in my size

1. Back To Top    #1

In the swim doesn't have a pool cover in my size

My pool is 18x34, in the swim has a cover for a 18x33 pool, the cover itself is 22x37, so that will only leave me 1.5 feet on each end. Is that just too tight?

Only other option is for a 24x41 pool, the cover itself is 25x45, which will leave 3.5 ft on each side, and 6ft on the ends, that sounds like too much.

I could probably order a custom size, but I'd really like it by this weekend. So if I can't get one from them, I will just go to a pool shop the next town over and get what I could get.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In the swim doesn't have a pool cover in my size

I'm no expert but I believe the 18x33 and 18x34 are the same. Some one else can probably confirm this better.

3. Back To Top    #3

Get the bigger cover and fold it under.

Note: I am assuming that this is a waterbag cover and not a safety cover.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW

Darn, I was afraid you would say that. I don't want to spend that much more, lol! I'll keep shopping.

And it's a wintercover, not a safety cover.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Candi
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW

Darn, I was afraid you would say that. I don't want to spend that much more, lol! I'll keep shopping.

And it's a wintercover, not a safety cover.
    I still think if it is for an above ground pool without a deck around pool it is the same. I see them as listed as both sizes on different sites. http://www.poolsupplies.com/covers/wint ... shapes.asp (It is actually 22x38 instead of 22x37 that In the Swim has it listed)

Now if you have a deck around the pool and plan on water bags then maybe go bigger. My pool is 18x33 with full deck and I went with a 18x36 inground cover with water bags and hated it. Just ordered this http://www.arcticbluecovers.com/product ... /223/ci/70 for this year

They offer it with attachments to wood decks as well.

6. Back To Top    #6

I didn't see that this was an above ground pool. My advice was intended for an in-ground pool or an above ground with a full flush deck. If it does not have a full deck, then you probably will want to get a cover that fits better so that it looks nice.

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh, interesting on the sizes. But even on the site you linked, some are listed as 33 and some as 33/34, and I would think I would depend on the manufacturer of the cover??? I'm so confused.
    We have a deck but have allowed room for the cover to go under the deck and around the pool, as if the deck wasn't there.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Candi
    Oh, interesting on the sizes. But even on the site you linked, some are listed as 33 and some as 33/34, and I would think I would depend on the manufacturer of the cover??? I'm so confused.
    We have a deck but have allowed room for the cover to go under the deck and around the pool, as if the deck wasn't there.
    The Poolsupplies cover is 1 foot longer so it can handle a 33 ft or 34 ft pool. That is why it says 18x33/34 in the discription, because it is capable of handling both sizes. But honestly both have enough coverage if using the cable system to sinch the cover to pool. Going with a larger cover only makes sense if you are going to have it on top of the deck and held down with water bags. Pros if I am telling her wrong please chime in.

9. Back To Top    #9

How much water you drain will affect things as well, if you drain alot then 1.5 ' will be pushing it.
    I have a 20' pool and I ended up going with a 24' cover instead of 21', I don't regret it, it's got some extra room but big deal. I drained it down about 8" below the skimmer as we get a lot of rain and melting snow before the deep freeze sets in.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list