Thick layer of white powder at the bottom of my pool.

benton

Aug 10, 2011
I hope somebody can help answer this question!!
In July we had our pool re-plastered and re-tiled. . After the pool was filled we noticed a fine white powder at the bottom and were told that it would clear up as it circulated through the pumps. Our pool company cleaned our DE filter and after that we had a very thick layer of white powder on the bottom of the pool and we have not been able to get rid of it. A different pool service has come out and they have not been able to figure out or fix the problem. Can somebody shed some light on this?

Thanks!!

You should post a complete set of water test results. Also, tell us what chemicals you have been using.

Normally, powder like that gets vacuumed up and then you don't see it again. Have you tried vacuuming it up?

It sounds like DE in the pool, but as Jason said, please post some test results so we can rule out anything else.

If your filter was not reassembled correctly, or the innards were damaged, it could spew all the DE back into the pool.

Thank you both for responding! To answer the question about vacuuming, yes it has been vacuumed several times. As far as the water test results, I don't know because our pool service does that. I don't think it would be hard to find out though. Any particular result I should watch out for or ask for? Also, is it obvious to a pool service tech that the filter is damaged or would they have to be looking for something specific?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.