Closing pool in Va Beach

Jun 24, 2010
Good Monday morning to all!

Our water temp is still in the upper 70's so too warm to officially close, but I want to be prepared to close it the proper TFP way rather than the Pool Store way I've done in the past. So...my question is how do I close it properly? From what I've read so far, it looks like the water temp has to be in the 50's and then shock and put in an algaeacide?

We keep our pool open all winter. We don't drain and blow out any lines as we have a built in system to turn on when the temp gets to 38 degrees. We've never had it fail before. (keeping fingers crossed) We do keep all the debris out during the winter and the water has always been clear until March when algae sets in but this year, with all the help from TFP, I will hopefully be able to combat that or not have as much of a problem.

So...any tips for a TFP closing newbie? Thank you so much for your help. :-D

Since you don't close it, I wouldn't worry about the algaecide. I would just maintain the FC using bleach during the times when the swcg won't operate. Test and adjust about once a week. Keep the debris out and next year once it starts warming up keep the FC up more regularly. If you do that you really won't have an opening, you'll just start swimming when it gets warm enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.