Getting Started with BBB

Sprocket

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
Central Florida
We have been making our way through the forum, starting with my DIY replacement of our pump and successful shocking of our swamp. The water is as clear as ever and we passed the "3 tests" to stop the shock process several days ago.

At this point, we are waiting until FC drops to the target of 7 for our CYA of 60. We are down to 11 as of this evening. My guess is that we will be there tomorrow night. I need to add a few inches of water so I'll probably test everything again.

No questions at this point, just excited to make it to this part of the forum.

Here are our first results.

FC 7
CC .5
TC 7.5
pH 7.8
TA 100
CH 400
CYA 55

I had to add about 3" of water a couple of days ago due to it being hot with no rain. This is a reduction in CYA of 5.

Based on the pool calculator I need to add 52oz MA to bring pH down to 7.2. Anything else stand out? Pool is perfectly clear :party: .

Sprocket said:
I had to add about 3" of water a couple of days ago due to it being hot with no rain. This is a reduction in CYA of 5.

CYA isn't lost through evaporation. As evaporation occurs the CYA PPM with rise slightly and then will go back to the previous level when you replace the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.