What Does Clean Cell Tell US?

HouTex

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, Texas
The inspect cell light on my Aquarite was blinking which signifies that the 500 hour inspection was due. I inspected the cell and it was perfectly clean. Can I assume that because the cell was spotless that what I thought was scaling on my plaster is just normal mottling? In other words, if I have scale on my plaster does it follow that I should have scale in my salt cell? The Aquarite has the self cleaning feature so perhaps it should be clean regardless of whether I developed scale on my plaster. The cell is about six months old.

Melt In The Sun said:
It's just a reminder to check it. If you look in the manual, it tells you how to reset the timer to get rid of the light.

Yes, I understood that and I did reset the timer. That was not my question. My question was whether the prestine nature of the cell tells me that there could not be scale in the pool. The notion would be that the inside of the cell has higher pH than the rest of the pool and if scale will appear anywhere it would be inside the cell first.

Strannik answered it and I'm guessing he's correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.