Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What Does Clean Cell Tell US?

1. Back To Top    #1

What Does Clean Cell Tell US?

The inspect cell light on my Aquarite was blinking which signifies that the 500 hour inspection was due. I inspected the cell and it was perfectly clean. Can I assume that because the cell was spotless that what I thought was scaling on my plaster is just normal mottling? In other words, if I have scale on my plaster does it follow that I should have scale in my salt cell? The Aquarite has the self cleaning feature so perhaps it should be clean regardless of whether I developed scale on my plaster. The cell is about six months old.
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What Does Clean Cell Tell US?

i think it's more of a service reminder light on Aquarite. there is also a way to reset it.

the scale on your plaster shouldn't necessarily transform to the scale on your cell

3. Back To Top    #3

It's just a reminder to check it. If you look in the manual, it tells you how to reset the timer to get rid of the light.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    It's just a reminder to check it. If you look in the manual, it tells you how to reset the timer to get rid of the light.
    Yes, I understood that and I did reset the timer. That was not my question. My question was whether the prestine nature of the cell tells me that there could not be scale in the pool. The notion would be that the inside of the cell has higher pH than the rest of the pool and if scale will appear anywhere it would be inside the cell first.

Strannik answered it and I'm guessing he's correct.
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, he is. Sorry I misunderstood you.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden