Need Help - DIG220 CHECK FLOW

mangus

Feb 5, 2011
Hi - seems like this is not an uncommon problem. We do have actual flow, and the cell is in good shape. Salt is around the right levels. The red flap does NOT close all the way when we shut off the pump. Not sure if this is our only problem or if we have a tri-sensor issue too. Unfortunately there's no one in Santa Monica who really services these units well -- it's all self -help at this level (for example, they tried to sell us a new cell for $1000 recently, and it wasn't working because they hadn't added salt in months -- we were under 500ppm!!!)

First thing I guess is to get the red flap to close -- can anyone provide guidance?

I also figure we need to test the sensor and the sensor cable next. Any guidance there? I saw prior post on checking continuity across pins in tri-sensor cable and to cell (we have SC-36).

Final note, I'm trying to guide my brother (Scot) how to do this over the phone and via email, because I'm now in NYC and he's in LA trying to maintain the pool, and isn't as familiar with the gear...

Thank you all!

Mike

Make sure you check the strainer at the manifold union. When that gets clogged you will get a check flow error. If you haven't already you should also check the skimmer baskets, pump strainer basket, and clean the filter.

By "red flap" I assume you mean the spring loaded valve at the bottom of the manifold. If that valve is opening too much the cell won't get enough flow and you will get a check flow error. One way to try and clean debris out of that valve is to wrap the manifold strainer basket with plastic wrap and run the pump for a little while to force more water through the valve, which will hopefully wash the debris out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.