Perfection, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I've about decided to change to a micro mesh cover this winter. I've also considered using a winterizing skimmer cover to prevent having to replace the salt and borax each spring. BUT...I don't want to overflow the pool from winter rain. My thought is to drill a small hole at the normal water line and disconnect the skimmer line to the pump. I can either plug the return, or close the ball valve right behind it. We don't get a lot of really cold weather...but it doesn't take much to freeze and break stuff. If I were to leave a solar cover under the mesh, would the rain drain off to the skimmer before it diluted the pool? TFP has made pool maintenance so easy and simple....I've gotten lazy about anything to do with the pool!

why not just use a regular cover with an automatic cover pump (example Rule)

I like the aquadors as winterizing plates as the older style metal ones require you to remove screws every year which end up stripping out.

I tried using those new "skimmer plug" things, but I couldn't get them to fit a standard Hayward skimmer. So as for right now I'm still preferring the aquadors.

you don't have to worry about dilution then.

The problem with a regular cover...which I've used..is that when they get a hole the pool water gets pumped out with the rain. Then I have to replace the salt, borax and cya. As well as the water....which requires softened water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.