Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair MasterTemp 200 problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair MasterTemp 200 problem

I have a pentiar mater temp 200, and the light on the screen do not turn on and it is receiving power to it, but nothing turns on.

Is it the Circuit board, or the ignition.

Or is it because its attached to the timer and not the transformer itself.
    The timer is attached to the transformer, does it matter?

If its the Board do i have to buy a new or can i just get it fixed.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pentair MasterTemp 200 problem

Transformer? That heater is designed to operate at either 120 or 240 VAC. I don't see how a transformer could be involved.

Putting a timer between the heater and AC power is fine. Of course the heater will only work when the timer has the circuit turned on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How do i know what the problem is if no lights come on.

Is it the main Board?

the ignition panel?

4. Back To Top    #4

What do you think the problem is if nothing happens, no lights, no nothing but the power shows 240 coming in.

What do you think the issue is?

5. Back To Top    #5

The timer or other control switch should be connected to the Fireman's Switch. The Fireman's switch is in the 24 VAC control circuit. The timer should be an on/off switch, it should not supply power. If 120 or 240 volts is connected to the 24 VAC circuit, it will destroy the control board.

You should not use a timer or other switch to control the power supplied to the heater. It's better to use the Fireman's switch to control the heater to allow the heater to do a proper shutdown.You should shut the heater off at least 5 minutes before the pump shuts off.

Is this a heater that was previously working correctly or is it a new installation?

Here is the manual, it has more information on setup and troubleshooting.