Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sadness

1. Back To Top    #1
    Eastern Ohio

After fighting with Baquacil for 18 years, I took over my in-laws pool a few years ago and this year convinced them to switch to chlorine. I must say.....I've honestly enjoyed working on the pool the last few months. Not once have I seen a bit of the green stuff, and have received many complements on our pool. I can't wait till next year where they've given me the OK to have free range over anything pool related. Several stupid questions will be coming out of my mouth soon as my brain starts working. They've taken the pool store's word for so long now, that my thinking outside of the box is unheard of from them. I'm glad I found this site and the members who have my back and help me kick the pool stores butt!

Last few photo's of the year......

Sad Sad day......

Now off to read almost every thread on the board.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flintstone, GA USA

Re: Sadness

Keep up the good work. You can't go wrong with chlorine. I have not tried baquacil but have friends who did and could not get the pool looking good. I have used chlorine tablets for 35 years and have NEVER had the horrible green stuff in my pool.

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.