Cost of RO in SE Texas?

HouTex

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, Texas
With the drought continuing in SE Texas I may soon have to replace more water due to rising CH levels. I've done this before the mandatory water rationing rules were put into place, but if you follow the restrictions a full or even a 50% replacement is impossible or impractical (we can only use significant amounts of water (for lawns, topping up pools, etc.) between 9pm-3am MWF). So having water trucked in or doing RO may be the only option unless we get some rain. Any idea how much that would cost in SE Texas? Yes, I know I could do a bunch of small partial drains/refills.

It might not even be available in your area. You could try calling local pool companies to see if they provide the service or know anyone who does. Here is a company in Austin, but they might be too far away. If they don't service your area, they might be able to recommend someone.

JamesW said:
It might not even be available in your area. You could try calling local pool companies to see if they provide the service or know anyone who does. Here is a company in Austin, but they might be too far away. If they don't service your area, they might be able to recommend someone.

Thanks. I found them as well and just emailed them.

dschlic1 said:
An alternative to RO is to use water softener resins. More time, but can be a DIY.

I'm interested as well. The Austin company that does RO just told me they not aware of anyone who does RO in Houston. Not too surprised--until this drought (which is unprecedented in my 45 years of living in the greater Houston area) came along there probably was zero demand in Houston for RO for pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.