Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: darker pool liner with the new LED Pentair 5 g lights

1. Back To Top    #1

darker pool liner with the new LED Pentair 5 g lights

I was wondering...does anyone have these lights and have a darker liner in an inground pool? I am interested in any photos, our pool will be constructed soon and we are unsure of the lighting effects results. Does anyone have any pictures to share? We are putting 2 of these leds lights in. We have a 18 x 37'10" flat sided kidney with a tidewater pool liner.
    18 x 36'10" Flat sided Kidney inground. Polymer Pinnacle Pool with Hydra Tidewater 30mil liner and Hydra Cozy Cove with no jets. 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED lights & Pentair light controller. 2 Aqua Genies 350# sand filter with 1.5 horse Super Flo pump and 2" plumbing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: darker pool liner with the new LED Pentair 5 g lights

Search around a bit...I know I've seen some photos on the site before, but can't find them right this second.

Welcome to TFP!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks ,
    let me know if you find some I keep looking all over the net i don't want to make a big mistake before the liner is here.
    18 x 36'10" Flat sided Kidney inground. Polymer Pinnacle Pool with Hydra Tidewater 30mil liner and Hydra Cozy Cove with no jets. 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED lights & Pentair light controller. 2 Aqua Genies 350# sand filter with 1.5 horse Super Flo pump and 2" plumbing.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure if they're the newest model of lights, but I know I've seen some colored LED pictures on TFP. If you use the Google search in the very bottom left corner of the page, you can just search TFP and hopefully find them using a search for LED colors (or something like that).

From what I've seen and read, a dark blue liner/plaster will just not show the colors as well as a white/light blue color would. I imagine a grayish color would be fine. I also remember people saying the red is scary!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the Tidewater Liner as well....love it! I too would be interested in seeing some photos with the LEDs. I will say, with a darker liner, it will take longer for the sun to bleach it out.
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit