Vinyl Pool Renovation cost/Decking question

Sep 14, 2011
Ma
Located in New England 20x40 vinyl, cement wall pool is about 25 years old . Removing/replacing about 1200 sq ft of decking(cracks,lifting etc) new lines, skimmers, liner, coping and change sand to vermiculite (they call it grout). Pool materials and labor quote was 8k which i think is good. My question is decking. Quoted 5$ sqft for removal, is that a fair price? Also quote doesnt have cost of new decking im sure they recommend someone but what is a fair price for basic brushed concrete per sq ft? and does new deck estimate include prep work ie some type of stone or gravel under concrete ? Thanks for any advice you can give me?

The removal price is somewhat dependent on a number of things. Access, disposal fees and labor are all variables. For example, if the old decking needs to be wheel barreled, hand carried, or via Bob Cat bucket loader will significantly impact the cost. With decent access here in central NJ, $8/sq. ft. for removal and replacement is about the low end for 4" thick concrete.

Scott

Replacement in Virginia usually runs about $12 per sqft for demo and repour with decent access, but I have seen it as high as $78 even for large areas with poor access. The health of the new construction market drives most pricing here.

You get what you pay for in most cases, it is very difficult to cut much cost on installation without cutting corners to the point of really compromising quality.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.555071,-77.493757

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.