Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question for forum administrator re photo uploads

1. Back To Top    #1

Question for forum administrator re photo uploads

Hi all. I have been reading all of the fantastic information here for a few months, but now I have an issue I could use some help with. Trouble is, when I try to upload my photos, I get a message in return that says the file is invalid. Can anyone tell me what types of photos/files are acceptable for uploading? Hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot. If not, sorry about that.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question for forum administrator re photo uploads

I haven't used this site to upload, but I use photobucket.com. Have you ever tried that? It's simple once you get the hang of it.
    22,000 inground Fiberglass
    DE Filter Pentair FNSP 48
    Century Centurion 1.0 HP 1.25 S.F. 3450 RPM

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

You usually get that error when the file is way too large. There is a limit on the max upload size of 256K. Somewhat larger than that and you get an error message saying the file is too large. But way larger and there is almost always an upload error and the file is reported as invalid due to the upload error and it never gets around to mentioning the file size limit.

As htownjeeper already mentioned, hosting pictures at a service like photobucket.com is easier. They offer generous free accounts and you don't need to worry about file sizes.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you both so much. I'll look into it and then post my question.