Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, Lately my Pentair Legend cleaner seems to not move around as quick as it did when new last August. Even when the cleaner is moving at a good speed, the tail just trails behind moving not anything like it did before. It used to whip back and forth but not anymore Whats up?? Thanks...
Harry

For me the "Tail" does slow down in the winter months. When my water temp falls below 60 degrees, I notice a slow down in the tail action, but it is the result of the poly hose tail stiffening up from the cold water.

hodapmj said:
For me the "Tail" does slow down in the winter months. When my water temp falls below 60 degrees, I notice a slow down in the tail action, but it is the result of the poly hose tail stiffening up from the cold water.

Never thought about that!!! Thanks!!

You may want to pull your cleaner apart to check the internal hose connections are intact. When my Legend became sluggish, I found the hose clip inside the housing had slipped off the male fitting. Reattached it with little effort. There are two screws that you remove to access the internal hoses.

While the cleaner is running check to make sure that there are no leaks in the hose joints anywhere or a hole in the sweeptail itself. There may be some slight leakage at the swivels that connect the hose and this should be fine as long as there is a ton of leakage.

flintstone said:
You may want to pull your cleaner apart to check the internal hose connections are intact. When my Legend became sluggish, I found the hose clip inside the housing had slipped off the male fitting. Reattached it with little effort. There are two screws that you remove to access the internal hoses.

That's exactly what it was. Thanks!! I checked hoses for clogs, water flow to tail but since it was under warranty, I let the shop take it apart.
Thanks again everyone...Harry :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.