question about winter cover

Sep 14, 2011
I drained the pool below the return, added the winter chemicals, put in the air pillow and put the cover on the pool. I then started adding water on the cover. I cannot get water all the way around the cover. Water will only make a puddle about 1/2 way around the pool. I am at a loss. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? It is a 27ft. round pool. This is the first year of owning the pool and my first closing. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you need to weigh the cover down, you can fill a few empty bleach or soda bottles with water and toss them on the cover with a string attached for easy retrieval. Mother nature will add enough water on top of that cover over the course the winter. I prefer to use a bunch of clips around the perimiter of our cover to keep the wind from blowing under the cover...so far so good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.