Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: cover pump?

cover pump?

Has anyone ever used (or have feedback on) this cover pump?

Brute Force Pump
    Product # 561851

[attachment=0:281mcb4r]561851.jpg[/attachment:281mcb4r]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Howell, NJ
    24'x52" Round AGP, j-hook liner, resin frame, 1 hp pump, sand filter, new fill well water (6/7/2011).
    14,600 gallons

Re: cover pump?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeggy
    Has anyone ever used (or have feedback on) this cover pump?

Brute Force Pump
    Product # 561851

[attachment=0:3fd7129d]561851.jpg[/attachment:3fd7129d]
    No but it looks heavy. Do you have a loop lock cover which is a safety cover or one with water bags?
    Tom

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

I don't have any cover yet - need to order one soon (along with a pump)! Good point about the weight, I'll have to take that into consideration...
    Howell, NJ
    24'x52" Round AGP, j-hook liner, resin frame, 1 hp pump, sand filter, new fill well water (6/7/2011).
    14,600 gallons

I bought a cheapie from walmart last year for like $25, and it worked great. Way better than I ever could of imagined.

Im not sure what brand but it looks like one of these

http://www.aquacave.com/ecoplus-264-sub ... -2974.html

I will look at it when i get home tonight and confirm.

I did not want to spend a lot and was very happy with my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Durf
    I bought a cheapie from walmart last year for like $25, and it worked great. Way better than I ever could of imagined.

Im not sure what brand but it looks like one of these

http://www.aquacave.com/ecoplus-264-sub ... -2974.html

I will look at it when i get home tonight and confirm.

I did not want to spend a lot and was very happy with my purchase.
    I started with one of those years ago but it did not hold up very long. Looking to get something more rugged and with an automatic feature (turns on when water level reaches a certain point).

On second thought about the weight though: wouldn't it be more of an advantage? If you put it in the middle of the cover with no air pillow, it would cause all of the water to pool completely around it as it would be the low point. Seems like this would be a good thing...
    Howell, NJ
    14,600 gallons