Vacuum pool for 5 minutes, already coming out dirty

Do you rinse correctly after backwash? Is your pool exceptionally dirty? If you have a 350 pound clean sand filter, you must be sucking up a lot of dirt awfully fast for it to spew the dirt back. Give us a little more information and perhaps we can get you a little better advice.

Pool water is clear, as all the dirt is settled on the bottom, there isn't much dirt, just enough to require a vacuuming, 15 x 40 foot pool. sports pool

When i backwash, i backwash till the water is clear, usually atleast 5 minutes. then rinse for 30 seconds

I use a white bucket to make sure its clear like the pool.

Vacuum

Why i don't understand after 5 minutes of vacuuming it spews the dirt out of the jets.

is the dirt so thin it gets thru the sand? or something wrong with the filter internally?

Well, something is changing after five minutes. That would seem to indicate your filter is being plugged up by debris. If it was damaged, it would spew back on start-up.

Have you opened the filter up to look at the sand?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.