Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Central PA Pool Build

Re: Central PA Pool Build

Well of course more challenges. The PB's put in about a 15 hour day. Did full bottom and then around 7pm (EST) pulled liner from box and started to install. This 28mil product was attempted to be suctioned by (2) vacs and just would not fully pull into walls. Some water was added to assist, but the lack of sun/heat did not allow the liner to lend itself to working wrinkles out and staying put. At 9:30PM last night they sent home the water trucks and left the liner in with vacums and about 3' of water in deep end. I guess we wait for some warmup and NO RAIN!! Supposed to rain in PA for next few days, with nothing good during week until Monday.

Should I be concerned with it sitting like this for next 3-5 days?

Well, they must have been concerned leaving in that state. They showed up and are working liner and filling.

Liner is in and fits like a glove:

That is one amazing looking vinyl liner pool. The coping looks great!
    Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

Been a busy couple days. Concrete competed Friday. Electrical, gas and plumbing all done. Automation setup and SWG working. Tested heater for the day and got about a 5 degree lift in 8 hours. Just testing as it is 58F outside!!! Also, my brother and I build the fire pit for natural gas fire ring (HPC 24" high output).

1500 sq feet of concrete total around pool and patio extensions. Lots of landscaping cleanup and not much time!!

Senior Member In the Industry

fix your images please
    -Jaime

Thanks DBFan. All fixed.

Looking for some input. Thinking of using 1-3 river bottom stone to fill all area to right of concrete/pool in this picture, then using dark brown mulch to go around Thunderhead pines (away from pool) and 6' white privacy fence.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Any comments on river rock? 1-3 and/or 3-6 sized. Any experience or pics.

3-6" will be too big to safely walk on (twisted ankles galore). 1-3 would work. I bet both will be quite expensive.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

Cost is $20 a ton for either. Quary is right down the road.

Busy day today. Got some more stones in place, planted two really nice ThunderHead pines, cut the 20x40 rectangular solar cover to shape and installed a Arizona sunburst metal sun on fence. Whew.... wish i could grab a beer and go for a swim, but at 56F I will just settle for a beer!

That looks nice! I am thinking of using the same type of stones along my rear fence area so that I won't have to worry about mowing between my future patio and the fence. I like the sun, too. I just saw a similar one at Costco and I regret not buying it. I need to be done with the pool build before I start decorating the fence that I can't even get to now!
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

Do you have any close up pictures of your coping? How smooth/rough is the inside edge of it? Thanks and Looks Great!
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

The edge is not smooth, but not really rough. It's decent, but I think if worked a bit more with foam patterned block as it set, it would have been smoother. All but one minor spot is solid and that was due to some type of debris being between concrete and form. I would do it again.

If you click on the properties of my pics, you can go to the site and there should be two pics of the edge prior to pool being completed. I am at work at Photobucket is blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by thadius65
    The edge is not smooth, but not really rough. It's decent, but I think if worked a bit more with foam patterned block as it set, it would have been smoother. All but one minor spot is solid and that was due to some type of debris being between concrete and form. I would do it again.

If you click on the properties of my pics, you can go to the site and there should be two pics of the edge prior to pool being completed. I am at work at Photobucket is blocked.
    Okay i found the one real close up of the inside of the coping, looks pretty smooth. Thanks!
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

Hey its Rob, Rome is putting our pool in. First Monday in June. I really like to see a picture of your pool finished if you have the chance. :P
    Simply, we find, hire and train the most talented individuals possible and we work hard to keep them.
    Autoform

Rob - With the exception of the ladder/rail, the above is from 5 weeks ago. Been swimming 3 out of last 5 weekends with 83F water!

Nice job!!
    The cement work on page 1 looked perfect!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list