Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool trashed!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool trashed!

Yep, got up this morning to let my dog out and woke up to what I thought a storm had came through! They ripped up my flower pots and dumped the dirt into my pool! My beautiful flowers were sitting in the bottom of the pool! My Palm tree was ripped out of it's pot and they tried to rip up my Hibiscus! They ripped up all my solar lights and through them in the pool and across the yard. Turned my patio table upside down and put dirt in it and moved all my chairs around.
    I scooped up as much as the debris as I could off the top and bottom. I've been patiently vacuuming since 9:30 am! It does look a lot better but I'm still not done!
    I do have pictures that I will post later. I'm just taking a break to let the dirt settle some more so that I can vacuum again.
    I told my husband we need locks on our gates and a motion sensor flood light!
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool trashed!

Oh my! That's just uncalled for. Freakin hoodlums!

The pool can be cleaned... the poor plants though. :~{ Sorry to hear about this. Maybe you can hook up a siren to those flood lights... Or a video camera so you can turn them in should they ever come back.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

If you can't find a video camera for a price you like a hunting camera might be an option. Just mount it where they can't get to it to steal it if they notice it is takin their pictures. you can get them in either IR or flash and some that let you do either one you chose. Sams used to sell a wall mounted flood light with a pin hole camera in it that recorded a still and a 20 second video for about $60 bucks that worked great. You just take out the memory card and download your picks. I caught a guy stealing from a Katrina remodel with one.
    10,800 gallons Gunite/Plaster
    Hayward 244t 24" Sand Filter with Zeo
    1 1/2 HP Challenger
    Digital Pool Pilot DIG-220 SC-48
    Located in NOLA

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu07
    Yep, got up this morning to let my dog out and woke up to what I thought a storm had came through! They ripped up my flower pots and dumped the dirt into my pool! My beautiful flowers were sitting in the bottom of the pool! My Palm tree was ripped out of it's pot and they tried to rip up my Hibiscus! They ripped up all my solar lights and through them in the pool and across the yard. Turned my patio table upside down and put dirt in it and moved all my chairs around.
    I scooped up as much as the debris as I could off the top and bottom. I've been patiently vacuuming since 9:30 am! It does look a lot better but I'm still not done!
    I do have pictures that I will post later. I'm just taking a break to let the dirt settle some more so that I can vacuum again.
    I told my husband we need locks on our gates and a motion sensor flood light!
    I'm pretty sure that locks on the gates around a swimming pool are part of the universal building code.

Too late now.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    I'm pretty sure that locks on the gates around a swimming pool are part of the universal building code.
    Locks are not required. The common requirement is that the gate be self-closing and
    self-latching.

6. Back To Top    #6

Correct, in our area locks on a gate are not required however, I will be putting locks on ours!

Here are the pictures from this morning;

My Palm tree uprooted.

These seashells were in the pot with the Palm tree.

These poor plants were in the bottom of my pool. I scooped them up and just layed them in the pot until I could repot them.

I don't know why they insisted on moving my deck chairs to the padio area.

They scooted these out and layed them flat.

They arranged this set like they were seating in it.

Nasty steps

My son said this shot looks like the Carribean.

After 8 hours of cleaning...

Repotted my Palm tree

Repotted my poor plants....don't know if they will survive

14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Man thats pretty crapy! The plants look like Vincas they are very hardy here in AZ and can take alot of punishment.
    It sounds like it might be time to get a new dog. Mine would have been going NUTS with all that going down in my pool area.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

8. Back To Top    #8

Shane1, with new insulated windows, A/C on as well as my ceiling fan, it really deadens the sound coming from outside. I did sleep with my windows open last night and all lights on the outside were on.
    I have a 2 1/2 year old Black Lab mixed with Pit Bull and Hound Dog. Trust me, if he could have heard the noise he would have gone nuts. In fact, this moring as the paper guy was riding by throwing the latest news, my dog abruply woke me up at 4:45 am.
    Monday evening before I went to bed, I kept getting urges to turn the A/C off and open my windows. Next time I will listen to those inner voices!
    Also I plan on getting a Critter Cam. It will come on and record anything that moves.

9. Back To Top    #9

OOOhhh I get really angry from reading your post. How hard is it to keep your hands of other people's stuff???!!!! I'd say thumbs up for cleaning, listening to inner-voice and buying a camera!
    Hope you'll never have to wake up like this again!
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.

10. Back To Top    #10

I vacuumed it out again yesterday and added 3 oz. of Algaecide. Tested the water today and all is well! There is still some Perlite floating around the water line but in time I will get all of it out.

11. Back To Top    #11

Now I am shopping for a security system!

12. Back To Top    #12

Costco has a nice 8 camera dvr model on special right now. Security System
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks Bama Rambler, I'm checking into it now.

14. Back To Top    #14

That is too weird - who and why would they do that? move chairs around? do you have teenage enemies nearby? Weird! Sorry for the hassle you're going through
    33k Gunite, CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, Sta-Rite System 3 DE, 2.25hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Pressure-side

15. Back To Top    #15

I honestly think it was just some punks walking down the street and saw the solar lights shinning on my Hibiscus plant and they decided to cause havoc. You can see from the street the side of the house where the patio area is and the pool.

16. Back To Top    #16

I haven't experienced that, but I've got a large neighboorhood behind my house and hope I don't wake to something like that. I wouldn't be very friendly...
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Probably some bored teens. What they were doing out at that time of night only their parent know, or DONT.

I get my car doors tried about once every few months, and since I put in security (motion) lighting they have stopped. Makes you really mad that you cant just have nice stuff and people leave you alone.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

18. Back To Top    #18

I'm really sorry this happened to you I can't believe people sometimes. You did a great job cleaning up

Our house was broken into a few years ago, when we were living in the city, they took a bunch of valuable stuff, but the worst thing they did was hurt my dogs. One of my dogs had bruises down her side, looks like they kicked her, and my little lad was fine but very frightened. Both of my dogs are really little, so it was completely unnecessary to hurt them. Not long after that my little girl started to lose her hair, and get really oily, I think the stress of the situation brought on her allergies (which we are still dealing with today poor thing). We got a German Shepherd, mainly to discourage people from entering the yard (so far so good) he is such a sweetheart but he has a big bark and looks scary which is exactly what we wanted in a big dog lol. I'm really glad you and your family are safe, I think your security measures are great, good luck with it all
    8496.55 Gallon Oval Above Ground Pool, 1 1/4 HP Onga Pump, Onga Sand Filter, Solar heating, and a Creepy Crawly :)