Move it or give pool away

beckyc

Sep 12, 2011
I have a doughboy pool (sand filter) approximately 13 years old and it is still in excellent condition. I live in Michigan but am moving to North Carolina. Would it be worth taking to NC? If so, I had it professionally installed, will I be able to take down myself? Someone mentioned that saltwater is used in NC pools. If accurate, can I use same filter & pump...
Thank you!

If it's still in good condition and you have a little help rolling up the wall, then it's probably worth moving it. Mark all the pieces.

Salt water is used in lots of pools just as bleach is used in lots of pools. Location has nothing to do with it. Even so, if you decide to use salt it won't be a problem.

Freezer zip-lock bags for all the little hardware. Sharpie to mark everything, camera to document how it came apart. Straps to hold the wall rolled up. Once you have the wall out, lay it on the ground, unroll it and then re-roll as tight as possible without creasing. This will make it a lot easier to handle. Plan on a new liner as anything over a year old it won't stretch back and will either rip or pull the wall down when reinstalled. To make the sand filter lighter for moving remove most/all of the sand, a shop vac works well for this. You can plan on new sand in NC or take the old with you in heavy bags. I used old dog food sacks. A dolly and wheelbarrow were helpful for moving the heavier items.

There's lots of videos online about how to install a AGP, I would get familiar with those. If you familiarize yourself with those videos just reverse the principles when taking apart, it will also get you trained up for how to install it when you get to the new place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.