Where to put antifreeze?

Sep 11, 2011
I have an in ground fiberglass pool that I am trying to winterize. I blew out the system with an air compressor but cannot figure out where to put the antifreeze in. I tried the skimmer, but it doesn't move or circulate to the pool outlets. Any ideas on how I can get antifreeze into the lines in the pool? Thanks very much!

Pour it into the skimmer. If it won't flow in, you may need to open the valve at the pump end to let the air out.

Pour it into the return lines and drain line from the pump end.

Thanks for the reply, but my skimmer goes to the pump, filter and heater on my system before going to the return lines. How is it supposed to be pushed up through the entire system with no pressure? Or am I missing something and does the skimmer go directly to the return lines avoiding the filter system. Thanks!

Do it reverse if you don't have check valves. Open the pump basket and pour it in there. It'll flow out the skimmer. Once you see pink you can plug the skimmer and close the valve at the pump suction. I wouldn't fill the filter up with it. I'd winterize the filter and figure a way to pour the antifreeze into the return line(s) to fill them up.

We will be more help if you can post a pic of your equipment.

Here is a picture of my filter system. No reverse valves, only a valve for backwash. Not sure how putting antifreeze into the strainer basket would do anything except stay there. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but this is the first time I'm winterizing it my self. Thanks again!

Attachments

• DSC_0089compressed.jpg
    DSC_0089compressed.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 124
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.